Smart Metering Training
Location: Rochdale (North West)
169 Smart Metering Positions Available
Rochdale based Greenage Utilities Ltd are looking to train and employ a further 164 people from across the North West. In partnership with Rochdale Training, we are looking to recruit, train and employ ambitious technically minded individuals.
Greenage Utilities Ltd is a multi-utilities installations company working with many major utility providers in the UK. As the business continues to grow we are looking to train dual fuel engineers and gas engineers to install Smart Meters as part of the governments Smart Metering Roll Out (50 million installations by 2020).
This is an exciting opportunity that will develop or boost a career into the 'already booming' metering industry. Individuals will be trained to fit new gas and electric meters into homes, maintain and repair them and explain how they work.
No previous experience or training required, but you must have excellent customer service skills as you will be dealing with customers in their homes. We are keen to hear from a wide range of applicants including college leavers, armed services, those recently made redundant or currently unemployed.
Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) check required with random drugs and alcohol tests are in place for all Greenage Utilities employees. Must be aged 18 and over and have a full UK driving licence.
Starting Pay of £22,000 (Incremental increases up to £28,000 with bonus after probation period)
Van with fuel card, mobile phone, uniform & PPE provided.
Once you’re Employed
The main focus of the job will be installing and exchanging smart meters in domestic properties.
You will be expected to travel to jobs around the North West region.
• Installing both smart gas and smart electric meters in line with company and industry standards.
• Completing testing in line with industry standards and codes of practice, fully reinstating appliances after job completion.
• Collecting and depositing meters to/from the designated storage facility.
• Achieving and exceeding work performance targets and adhering to health and safety procedures.
• Completing and maintaining documentation in the form of job sheets.
• The work is domestic and appointments will be pre-booked Mon-Sat.
Contact: Rob Taylor