On behalf of our client we are recruiting an experienced Mechanic.
The family run business has been selling and servicing commercial and private vehicles for over 20 years. As the Mechanic, you will get involved in all aspects of the mechanical repairs of cars. This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate offering a varied role with a generous annual salary.
- Inspecting and testing vehicles; completing preventive maintenance such as, engine servicing, oil changes, tyre rotation and changes, wheel balancing, replacing filters, both petrol and diesel. Hybrid training will be given.
- Maintaining vehicle functional conditions by listening to operator complaints; conducting inspections; repairing engine failures; repairing mechanical and electrical systems malfunctions; replacing parts and components; repairing body damage
- Verifies vehicle serviceability by conducting test drives; adjusting controls and systems
- Complies with state vehicle requirements by testing engine, safety, and combustion control standards
- Maintains vehicle appearance by cleaning, washing, and painting
- Prepare stock for sale
- Good knowledge of diagnostic equipment
- Maintains vehicle records by recording service and repairs
- Keeps shop equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs
- Contains costs by using warranty; evaluating service and parts options
- Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications
- Accomplishes maintenance and organization mission by completing related results as needed
- Deliver excellent customer service
- Adhere to all Health and Safety requirements
Skills and Qualifications:
- 12 months Mechanical working experience
- NVQ / City & Guilds Level 2 or 3 Mechanical qualification
- MOT Certificate to carry out Class 4 MOT Tests on all makes and models of cars/vans, completing service certification adhering to DVSA requirements. If not an MOT tester they must have the relevant qualifications to attain the MOT tester status.
- Monday - Friday 08:30 - 17:30
- Every other Saturday 08:30 - 12:30
- 21 Days plus 8 Bank Holidays
Please apply, in confidence, to Jasmine Marland at TRF Professional, a specialist division of The Recruitment Fix Ltd.
Please note that we receive a high volume of applications. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.