AST Hampsons open their doors to the ground floor at South Parade following the flood
Date published: 18 October 2016
AST Hampsons open their doors to the ground floor at 7 South Parade following the flood
AST Hampsons have opened their doors to the ground floor again at 7 South Parade ten months after the damage caused by the flood in the town centre on Boxing Day 2015,
Whilst the firm has been functioning on the upper floors since February 2016 the damage to the building was such that it has taken until recently to complete the refurbishment.
Peter Taylor, AST Hampsons Senior Partner, said: “My family have been in this building since 1877 and none of my relatives who were previous solicitors in the partnership itself, Atherton Standring Taylor, have ever experienced a flood so this must be the first one.
"Given that I am pictured on YouTube wading around the building with water up to my knees on Boxing Day, it is hardly surprising that it has taken so long.
"I want to thank my partners for their co-operation.
"We are all also all appreciative of Rochdale Council’s efforts and concerns, and their assistance during the crisis and thereafter and have to mention the support of our insurers and brokers, Royal Sun Alliance and Sager Insurances who have made this as easy as it could have been.
"AST Hampsons shop front is back open for clients and we hope that you will come to see us in our new premises."
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1One of Rochdale’s oldest family businesses to move after almost 60 years
- 2Schoolboy faces daily 12-mile round trip on four buses to attend high school
- 3For years dismissed as 'laziness', but now cruel disease is finally getting attention it deserves
- 4Be aware of men in a transit van going door-to-door selling fish
- 5Arrests following anti-social behaviour linked to stolen mopeds