The Baum being hit with a £100,000 increase in rateable value
Date published: 16 March 2017
Two popular Rochdale pubs, The Baum and The Healey, are being hit was a huge rise in business rates that outraged owner Simon Crompton has condemned as a "joke".
The Baum is being hit with an increase in rateable value of a staggering £100,000 and The Healey a £53,000 increase.
Mr Crompton said: "The Baum’s business rates [rateable value] are going from £26,000 to £126,000 and The Healey from £15,000 to £68,000 - a joke!"
Business rates are set by the Government and rating for pubs is complex. Unlike other rates assessments which are based on rents, valuations for pubs are based on an assessment of ‘fair maintainable trade’, which is calculated using information on turnover, services offered, the local area and other factors.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Explosions heard for miles as M62 is closed due to vehicle fire
- 2The Empire, and 25 Ten Boutique, 'strike back' with fun filled photo shoot
- 3Chloe Campbell has been found safe
- 4Link4Life under fire for offering £5,000 fee for a consultant
- 5RBH guarantees town centre homes for residents at College Bank and Lower Falinge if flats are...