Former Littleborough police station to be invaded by children
Date published: 20 March 2017
Photo: Google, DigitalGlobe
Former Littleborough Police Station
The former police station on Featherstall Road in Littleborough will open its doors to local children in June, having been transformed into a high quality childcare setting.
Gourav and Priyanka Batra considered the former police station to be the ideal location to set up their next nursery - the couple already own two nurseries, Les Enfants in Darwen and The Ark Nursery in Mytholmroyd.
Planning permission for the conversion was granted in February 2017 and work is already underway to transform the interior into a nursery.
The plans include a dedicated baby room, a separate dining room, a sensory room, a wet room, an ICT/library suite and a playground and outdoor area.
There will also be an out of school and holiday club called Space, providing fun activities for children during the school holidays and also before and after school, along with minibuses to drop off at and collect the children from school.
The Ark Littleborough will cater for children age six weeks to four years.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1For years dismissed as 'laziness', but now cruel disease is finally getting attention it deserves
- 2One of Rochdale’s oldest family businesses to move after almost 60 years
- 3Arrests following anti-social behaviour linked to stolen mopeds
- 4Man made threats to obtain a firearm and kill
- 5Inquest into teenager’s death adjourned during hearing