Café opens at Norden Old Library
Date published: 08 January 2018
The café at Norden Old Library
A café opened at Norden Old Library on Thursday (4 January).
The café provides food for villagers, visitors and busy commuters in comfortable surroundings with free wi-fi.
Joanne Irving, director of the café, said: "We hope that people will appreciate the range of well-priced food on offer as well as a comfortable meeting place. The variety of drinks and snacks on offer should appeal to individuals and groups from across the spectrum of village life.”
Ian Moore, chairman of Norden Community Trust, owners of the building, said: "The Trust hopes that local residents will use the cafe facilities, and thereby support a new village business, and Norden's only community-owned building.”
Paul Ellison, chairman of NEEVA (Norden Environmental & Economic Village Association), said: "It is great to see another new business opening in Norden village. We wish them every success and we will support them as a group in any way we can.”
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1"Defining moment" for Rochdale town centre as a further £150M to be invested
- 2Arrests at Rochdale caravan park
- 3Rochdale market to open in August
- 4Castleton to Rochdale town centre to be one of the first new cycling and walking schemes
- 5Degree success for Rochdale student who fled Afghanistan as a child