New Lidl store planned in Littleborough
Date published: 09 January 2018
Photo: Google, DigitalGlobe
Stockton Street, Littleborough
Lidl is to build a new store in Littleborough having secured a site on Stockton Street.
The store will have a 1,104m² sales area, including an instore bakery, customer toilets and parking for cars and bicycles.
Lidl UK’s Regional Head of Property, Nick Harvey commented: “We are delighted to be opening a new store in Littleborough, which marks another milestone in our ambitious store expansion programme.
"We have seen incredible demand for Lidl stores across the country and look forward to offering our quality products and incredible value to shoppers in and around Littleborough.
“We are firmly committed to helping boost the local economy by creating new jobs and working with local suppliers in the construction of the new store.
"The team is very much looking forward to submitting a planning application to Rochdale Borough Council in the next few weeks and updating local residents on our plans.”
The planned store in Littleborough will add to Lidl’s existing store portfolio of 680, and will form part of the company’s growth plans which will see it open up to 60 new stores a year.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Council leader accused of breaking the ‘Code of Conduct for Councillors’
- 2Rochdale responds to council leader’s threat
- 3Letter: Formal complaint against Councillor Brett
- 4Man who abused young girls throughout the 90s has been jailed
- 5Council Leader’s comments ‘are serious threat to democracy’, says Councillor Dearnley