Small business market success at Rochdale Exchange
Date published: 13 March 2018
Photographer Emma Turner of Blue Giraffe
Local independent businesses set up shop at Rochdale Exchange Shopping Centre on Saturday, with everything from handmade jewellery and personalised gifts to children’s clothing and sweet treats available at the Small Business Saturday market.
Lorenzo O’Reilly, Rochdale Exchange Shopping Centre manager, said the centre’s small business stalls were a huge hit with shoppers over the weekend.
He added: “We have had some wonderful feedback from the independent retailers and shoppers who visited our Small Business Saturday markets during the Christmas season, so we wanted to make this a more regular event for our visitors to enjoy.
“With Mother’s Day taking place the following day, the centre was buzzing with people looking for gifts. Shoppers enjoyed browsing the stalls for the perfect present, including Isabella’s Boutique, which specialises in clothing, Just Sparkle showcased its collection of jewellery and Sweethearts created extra special chocolate bouquets, to name just a few.
“We are so pleased that supporting local Rochdale businesses has been such a huge success and we look forward to hosting our next market in June.”
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Be aware of men in a transit van going door-to-door selling fish
- 2Schoolboy faces daily 12-mile round trip on four buses to attend high school
- 3One of Rochdale’s oldest family businesses to move after almost 60 years
- 4Plan to link Middleton to tram network
- 5For years dismissed as 'laziness', but now cruel disease is finally getting attention it deserves