Appeal: Do you know Douglas Gordon Law?
Date published: 12 December 2016
Steven Howard is looking for his father, Douglas Gordon Law, from Rochdale.
Douglas, believed to be around 65-years-old, used to serve in the Royal Navy and was 16 when he met Steven’s mother, then 17, in Portsmouth when she was on holiday. The Portsmouth base was HMS Ganges and Douglas also served on ship called HMS Jaguar.
At the time, Douglas was stationed in Penicuik, about 50 miles from Glasgow. Steven’s parents separated after Douglas met a girl from Edinburgh, who Steven believes had the maiden name ‘Melrose’, who Douglas later married.
Steven, who was christened Steven Douglas Law on 7 August 1969, said: “I have no memories of my father as my parents divorced when I was about two. I think he tried to get in contact with my mum when I was about five.” His parents were married in 1969 in Silverdale, near Newcastle under Lyme in Staffordshire.
Steven, from Stoke-on-Trent, understands his father lived at 40 Spotland Tops in Rochdale when he was younger. He has two sisters, Carol and Sandra.
If you have any information relating to Douglas Gordon Law, please contact the newsdesk:
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Tram services along the Rochdale via Oldham line suspended after windows smashed
- 2Town Centre Public Space Protection Order to be implemented at end of June
- 3Manchester Airport confirms charges for dropping-off
- 4Motorcyclist suffers possible life-changing injuries following collision
- 5Wardleworth youngsters make a record-breaking difference