Obituary – Bryan John Forbes
Date published: 17 January 2017
Bryan Forbes died peacefully aged 81 on 8 January 2017 after a battle with COPD.
Bryan, born 17 October 1935, on James Street, Dearnley, lived in Littleborough all his life. He died in Littleborough Care Home after living independently until last year.
Mr Forbes served in the army in Malaya and Penang for three years. He worked as a quality control inspector at Fothergill and Harvey’s for 40 years. He was well known in Littleborough and was described as very sociable.
He leaves behind brother Peter, sister Anne, daughter Diane, son Paul and daughter-in-law Catheryn, granddaughters Danni and Bec, and great-grandsons Toby and Dexter.
Mr Forbes’ funeral will take place at Rochdale Crematorium at 11.10am on Friday 20 January.
Family flowers only, donations if desired to Macmillan Cancer Support or Springhill Hospice.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Tram services along the Rochdale via Oldham line suspended after windows smashed
- 2Town Centre Public Space Protection Order to be implemented at end of June
- 3Manchester Airport confirms charges for dropping-off
- 4Motorcyclist suffers possible life-changing injuries following collision
- 5Wardleworth youngsters make a record-breaking difference