Man missing from Birch Hill Hospital
Date published: 07 March 2008
Police are appealing for the public's help in tracing a 60-year-old man who has gone missing from Birch Hill Hospital.
Brian Partington, who is a voluntary patient at the hospital, was last seen at about 7am on Tuesday 4 March 2008.
He is described as white, about 5ft 7in tall, of slim build and with short grey hair and blue eyes. He is described as having an unkempt appearance and is believed to be wearing a navy blue padded jacket and jeans.
In the past, he has been known to frequent the Lancashire and West Yorkshire areas.
Police are now appealing to anyone who knows of Brian's whereabouts to come forward.
Police Constable Leo Glossop, based at Rochdale Police Station, said: "Brian is a voluntary patient at the hospital but, without his medication, he can become violent so I would urge any members of the public who see him not to approach him.
"We are concerned for his welfare and I would ask anyone who sees Brian to call police immediately."
Anyone with information about Brian's whereabouts is asked to call Greater Manchester Police on 0161 872 5050.
UPDATE 10 March
Brian Partington was found on Saturday 8 March 2008.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1"Defining moment" for Rochdale town centre as a further £150M to be invested
- 2Arrests at Rochdale caravan park
- 3Rochdale market to open in August
- 4Castleton to Rochdale town centre to be one of the first new cycling and walking schemes
- 5Degree success for Rochdale student who fled Afghanistan as a child