Weight loss surgery at BMI The Highfield Hospital
Date published: 12 February 2018
The Highfield Hospital provides a range of weight loss surgery treatments
If you have tried everything to lose weight, but can't, weight loss surgery from BMI The Highfield Hospital could be the answer. We offer a range of surgical solutions from a team of weight loss surgery and obesity surgery specialists before and after surgery whether you live in Rochdale, Manchester or further afield.
We provide a range of weight loss surgery treatments at The Highfield Hospital such as gastric bands, bypasses, balloons and sleeves. You will receive individualised care and support, ward contact 24 hours a day, regular appointments with the physiotherapist and dietician, as well as support groups. Our comprehensive aftercare programme will help you stay healthy and achieve the best results.
Weight Loss Treatments
- Gastric band surgery
- Gastric bypass surgery
- Gastric balloon surgery
- Gastric sleeve – sleeve gastrectomy
- Duodenal switch
Specialist surgeon at BMI The Highfield Hospital
Professor Siba Senapati has been a consultant surgeon for more than 12 years and specialises in laparoscopic weight loss surgery, ambulatory bariatric surgery and anti-reflux surgery. Professor Senapati’s NHS base is Salford Royal Hospital, which is also the leading regional centre for bariatric surgery in Greater Manchester.
Why choose BMI The Highfield Hospital
You can be confident in the levels of care and attention you will receive at our hospital. BMI Healthcare are the UK's leading private hospital group, with a reputation for quality and clinical excellence. We only allow experienced bariatric surgeons to perform weight loss surgery within our hospitals. They are supported by a team of fully trained nurses and clinical staff, so you can be sure that you will be well looked after.
You will have your own comfortable private room with an en-suite bathroom, and your friends and family will be able to visit you anytime during the day if you would like them to. All our hospitals have rigorous hygiene standards in place, so you can feel confident in the cleanliness of your room and every aspect of the hospital.
Booking an appointment
Call our dedicated bookings team on 0800 142 2309.
Your first step towards weight loss surgery is to book an appointment with Professor Senapati for an initial assessment. During the assessment the consultant will:
- Answer your general questions about weight loss surgery
- Take your previous medical history
- Discuss your health and eating habits
- Measure your Body Mass Index (BMI)
- Establish if you meet the National Institute for Clinical Excellence NICE guidelines for weight loss surgery
If you are suitable for weight loss surgery, and wish to proceed you will then be booked in for surgery.
We will look after you following surgery
You will have a team of people around you to help you through weight loss surgery and to provide care and support in the months following surgery. They will be there to help you stay healthy and achieve the best weight loss results for you.
Because obesity surgery is just part of the process, we have put in place a comprehensive aftercare package to maximise the success of your operation and to look after you following surgery. The package includes:
- On-going consultations with your bariatric surgeon
- Continuing personal support from your dietician
- Regular patient support groups
Three simple steps to paying for treatment
- Call our dedicated bookings team on 0800 142 2309. Our team will discuss treatment options with you, provide a fixed price* and help you choose a consultant that’s right for you.
- During your initial consultation, the consultant will assess your condition and provide a personalised treatment plan.
- We offer you the flexibility of 2 different payment methods. You can arrange payment before your procedure or spread the cost with the BMI Card**
Serious about health. Passionate about care
*Prices are confirmed after initial consultation with a consultant surgeon. **BMI Card is a credit facility offered by BMI Healthcare Limited, BMI Healthcare House, 3 Paris Garden, London, SE1 8ND. 0% interest for 12 months then 0.79% per month, representative 9.9% APR variable. Up to £20,000 available (subject to status). Monthly repayment 5% of balance or £25 whichever is greater or balance if lower than £25.