Letter: What a difference a year makes
Date published: 29 December 2016
Gracie Fields statue
Looking at all the devastating pictures of the town centre following last year's Boxing Day floods, what a difference a year makes.
The stunning river reopening. The beautiful memorial gardens. The new paving and seating. The amazing floral displays we've seen all summer.
The impressive Tetrosyl headquarters.
The imposing statue of Dame Gracie Fields.
New shops opening on Yorkshire Street.
All this has been achieved in just 12 short months.
Rochdale has a town centre we can all be truly proud of.
Even the Christmas tree and the festive lights look better this year.
And have you noticed just how tidier Rochdale is looking nowadays?
Hats off to the Council and its hard-working staff who have helped transform our town centre.
It's nice to be able to sing their praises for once.
The views expressed are those of the author of the letter and not those of Rochdale Online.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Man arrested on suspicion of murder after body of a woman found in Newhey
- 2Two attempted child kidnappings in Rochdale
- 3Letter: Car park at the Rochdale Leisure Centre
- 4Fly tipping cost over £250,000 to clean up last year
- 5Rochdale inquiry: paedophile Roderick Hilton camped outside Knowl View School and ‘was part of the...