Letter: The UK has already broken its legal air pollution limit for the entire year
Date published: 07 January 2017
Emissions of a starting diesel engine
We’re just a few days into 2017, but the UK has already broken its legal air pollution limit for the entire year.
Lots of things contribute to this crisis, but there is one obvious place to start, the thousands of new diesel cars rolling onto our roads every day.
Diesel cars were sold as a green choice, but car makers lied about how much they pollute. We shouldn’t punish drivers who chose diesel cars in good faith, but we can stop putting more of them on the roads.
I just signed this Greenpeace petition to stop the sale of new diesel cars, and make cleaner alternatives available to everyone.
Could concerned readers of Rochdale Online please sign and share this petition too?
The views expressed are those of the author of the letter and not those of Rochdale Online.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Man arrested on suspicion of murder after body of a woman found in Newhey
- 2Two attempted child kidnappings in Rochdale
- 3Letter: Car park at the Rochdale Leisure Centre
- 4Fly tipping cost over £250,000 to clean up last year
- 5Rochdale inquiry: paedophile Roderick Hilton camped outside Knowl View School and ‘was part of the...