Letter: Reply to Allen Brett's letter
Date published: 08 January 2017
I would like to reply to Councillor Allen Brett's letter dated 7 January 2017 about David Hennigan.
Dirty tricks is going on a lot more in politics these day and getting a lot worse. We hear or read more about the dirty tricks and slanging matches now than we do about any policies.
I found the letter very amusing all the same. Perhaps Councillor Brett would like to explain why he left Milnrow and Newhey to stand in another ward. Leaving his Labour replacement to stand for Labour to be defeated by a Liberal candidate at the last local council elections in May 2016.
Would it have anything to do with finding a safer sear for himself because he was facing certain defeat in the Milnrow and Newhey ward?
I could never understand why Councillor Brett never stayed and defended his own seat in the Milnrow and Newhey ward at the time.
The views expressed are those of the author of the letter and not those of Rochdale Online.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Man arrested on suspicion of murder after body of a woman found in Newhey
- 2Two attempted child kidnappings in Rochdale
- 3Letter: Car park at the Rochdale Leisure Centre
- 4Fly tipping cost over £250,000 to clean up last year
- 5Rochdale inquiry: paedophile Roderick Hilton camped outside Knowl View School and ‘was part of the...