Letter: No One Turned Away
Date published: 14 January 2017
Crisis' No One Turned Away campaign
I've just taken action to help Crisis' No One Turned Away campaign. One Turned Away is calling for every homeless person who approaches their council to get the help they need.
The Homelessness Reduction Bill, which is currently in parliament, aims to stop homeless people being turned away with little or no help by councils.
Pressure from Crisis campaigners and others has already persuaded MPs of all parties to back the reform.
Now we face a new hurdle. There is a crucial debate on the Bill in the New Year and unless enough MPs turn up to support it could be blocked.
There’s another danger too: MPs could be persuaded cut back the improvements that the new law will bring in.
Please help by emailing your MP and ask them to attend the debate and support this vital bill. It's easy to do:
If they know their constituents want them to back this then they will be more likely to stay in Westminster.
The views expressed are those of the author of the letter and not those of Rochdale Online.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Former director of Climb Rochdale charged with seven child sex offences
- 2Letter: Red Light jumping
- 3 £1,300 raised towards funeral of 21-year-old who died in collision
- 4Pembroke Court called ‘death trap flats’ by former resident
- 5Coroner rules 11-year-old girl died ‘as a result of traffic collision’