Letter: The NHS needs more money to keep us patient’s safe
Date published: 14 January 2017
The NHS needs more money to keep us patient’s safe
Along with hundreds of thousands or our fellow citizens I just signed the 38 Degrees petition calling on the Prime Minister to properly fund the NHS.
For years now, our NHS has been starved of cash.
There just isn’t enough money - or enough beds - to care for all of us safely. Last week, several people died, stuck on hospital trolleys.
They were desperately ill, but left waiting for hours in the corridor of their local A&E. There just weren’t enough beds for them.
This is what happens when the government refuses to fund the NHS properly.
If enough of us add our names to a petition today, we can make sure that politicians hear our demand: the NHS needs more money to keep us patients safe.
You can read more and sign the petition at:
The views expressed are those of the author of the letter and not those of Rochdale Online.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Trains delayed or cancelled between Manchester Victoria and Todmorden
- 2Laura Coe concerned with planning 'breach' by Persimmon Homes
- 3H Bell ringing the changes with new indoor market
- 4Council spends £8.1 million on Marks and Spencer and Mecca Bingo premises
- 5Pub landlord Eric Hoyle ordered to pay over £8,000 for illegal broadcast of Sky Sports