Letter: Building houses at Rainshore
Date published: 19 January 2017
We have already lost so much in Rochdale and the surrounding areas, common land has been taken by developers to put these useless articles called wind turbines on.
I count about 55 I can see from Norden to Gordon Rigg's in Waslden.
Now they are to encroach on the greenbelt.
There are plenty of brownfield sites to build on in and around Rochdale. since Caldershaw was built it has been a nightmare on the infrastructure, the doctors, everything went downhill because of the pressure on services, they just can’t cope.
It has been a nightmare building houses at Rainshore for local residents, once Rochdale Council pass it in planning they don’t want to know.
This is my experience of Rainshore Mill, I have lived in the Norden area all my life.
The views expressed are those of the author of the letter and not those of Rochdale Online.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Rochdale Sixth Form College 99% A-level pass rate and outstanding Oxbridge success
- 2Police warn residents to be vigilant
- 3Lloyd Brackenbury found guilty of manslaughter of Natasha Wild
- 4Abid Hussain jailed for 16 and a half years for conspiracy to supply Class A and B drugs
- 5Mecca Rochdale pays out £1.42m in prize money