Letter: Phone calls while driving
Date published: 24 January 2017
Texting and making or receiving phone calls while driving should have stiffer penalties
Texting and making or receiving phone calls while driving should have stiffer penalties. Often causing accidents. Insurance companies should also play a part in increasing premiums.
Far too many accidents are happening with people who feel they have right to do what they do. People should remember that its a privilege to drive. Cars are not toys.
Police should check all phones when cars have been in an accident. They can check when the person involved last used their phones.
The views expressed are those of the author of the letter and not those of Rochdale Online.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Rochdale Sixth Form College 99% A-level pass rate and outstanding Oxbridge success
- 2Police warn residents to be vigilant
- 3Lloyd Brackenbury found guilty of manslaughter of Natasha Wild
- 4Abid Hussain jailed for 16 and a half years for conspiracy to supply Class A and B drugs
- 5Mecca Rochdale pays out £1.42m in prize money