Letter: Phone calls while driving
Date published: 24 January 2017
Texting and making or receiving phone calls while driving should have stiffer penalties
Texting and making or receiving phone calls while driving should have stiffer penalties. Often causing accidents. Insurance companies should also play a part in increasing premiums.
Far too many accidents are happening with people who feel they have right to do what they do. People should remember that its a privilege to drive. Cars are not toys.
Police should check all phones when cars have been in an accident. They can check when the person involved last used their phones.
The views expressed are those of the author of the letter and not those of Rochdale Online.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Tony Lloyd demands meeting on future of Marks and Spencer in Rochdale
- 2Rochdale set for direct link to Manchester airport
- 3Councillors received almost three quarters of a million in allowances
- 4Council windfall from Manchester Airport Group shares
- 5Aggresive beggars should be fined, says Councillor John Blundell