Letter: Re the changes to the Council's plans for Supported Living
Date published: 30 January 2017
Protestors against remodelling adult supported living care outside Rochdale Town Hall
The Friends and Family Forum are delighted that the imperative to make savings on this vital service has been removed.
We recognise that some changes will occur to the ways people are supported but feel more confident now that the need to save money is no longer the driving force behind any changes.
The consultation results were very clear: learning disabled people and their families were very unhappy about the proposals.
It is good to see the Council listening to and respecting people's opinions.
The Friends and Family Forum
The views expressed are those of the author of the letter and not those of Rochdale Online.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Man arrested on suspicion of murder after body of a woman found in Newhey
- 2Two attempted child kidnappings in Rochdale
- 3Letter: Car park at the Rochdale Leisure Centre
- 4Fly tipping cost over £250,000 to clean up last year
- 5Rochdale inquiry: paedophile Roderick Hilton camped outside Knowl View School and ‘was part of the...