Letter: Calling into question Council Leader's assertion
Date published: 08 February 2017
I would like to call into question Richard Farnell's assertion that Rochdale needs to build 15,500 new homes for 19,000 new jobs by 2035.
This doesn't make sense. Most people of working age don't live alone.
Councillor Farnell's number would mean that each house would only have 1.23 people living in them.
The Government's own figures show that almost double this number occupy each house.
Whilst we may well need new homes, we don't need our Councill Leader exaggerating to justify the numbers in the Greater Manchester Spatial Framework.
Chairperson of Save Our Slattocks (SOS)
The views expressed are those of the author of the letter and not those of Rochdale Online.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Explosions heard for miles as M62 is closed due to vehicle fire
- 2The Empire, and 25 Ten Boutique, 'strike back' with fun filled photo shoot
- 3Chloe Campbell has been found safe
- 4Link4Life under fire for offering £5,000 fee for a consultant
- 5RBH guarantees town centre homes for residents at College Bank and Lower Falinge if flats are...