Letter: Calling into question Council Leader's assertion
Date published: 08 February 2017
I would like to call into question Richard Farnell's assertion that Rochdale needs to build 15,500 new homes for 19,000 new jobs by 2035.
This doesn't make sense. Most people of working age don't live alone.
Councillor Farnell's number would mean that each house would only have 1.23 people living in them.
The Government's own figures show that almost double this number occupy each house.
Whilst we may well need new homes, we don't need our Councill Leader exaggerating to justify the numbers in the Greater Manchester Spatial Framework.
Chairperson of Save Our Slattocks (SOS)
The views expressed are those of the author of the letter and not those of Rochdale Online.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Man snapped on ladder balanced on roof of transit van on blind bend in Whitworth
- 2Some town centre car parks closed on Saturday
- 3Francis Patrick Doherty sentenced to prison for series of car crimes
- 4Metrolink slammed for reluctance to replace vandalised ticket machine at Newhey
- 5Spectacular drone footage captures legacy of former Turner Brothers Asbestos site