Letter: Northern Rail must get to grips with failing service
Date published: 08 February 2017
Photo: RS Greenwood
Northern Rail sort out their local train service. Commuters were again forced to miss the train this morning as the 8.05am service was reduced to only two carriages, meaning the majority of passengers at Rochdale missed the train.
Whilst Northern Rail are increasing fares by up to 20% over a few short months, the service is getting worse. Reduced carriages are becoming the norm and there has been an increase in cancelled services. Commuters are quite rightly angry.
I will be raising this with transport bosses at the earliest opportunity. It's high time they got to grips with a failing service.
Rochdale Lib Dem Leader
The views expressed are those of the author of the letter and not those of Rochdale Online.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Rochdale Sixth Form College 99% A-level pass rate and outstanding Oxbridge success
- 2Police warn residents to be vigilant
- 3Lloyd Brackenbury found guilty of manslaughter of Natasha Wild
- 4Abid Hussain jailed for 16 and a half years for conspiracy to supply Class A and B drugs
- 5Mecca Rochdale pays out £1.42m in prize money