Letter: Northern Rail must get to grips with failing service
Date published: 08 February 2017
Photo: RS Greenwood
Northern Rail sort out their local train service. Commuters were again forced to miss the train this morning as the 8.05am service was reduced to only two carriages, meaning the majority of passengers at Rochdale missed the train.
Whilst Northern Rail are increasing fares by up to 20% over a few short months, the service is getting worse. Reduced carriages are becoming the norm and there has been an increase in cancelled services. Commuters are quite rightly angry.
I will be raising this with transport bosses at the earliest opportunity. It's high time they got to grips with a failing service.
Rochdale Lib Dem Leader
The views expressed are those of the author of the letter and not those of Rochdale Online.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Councillor Richard Farnell resigns as Leader of Rochdale Borough Council
- 2Fierce battle raging for leadership of Rochdale Council
- 3Opposition leaders respond to Council Leader’s resignation
- 4Letter: Time for Labour to ditch the tactics of Brett, Farnell and Emmott
- 5Keystone Properties and Rochdale Plastics named amongst employers failing to pay national minimum...