Letter: Northern Rail must get to grips with failing service
Date published: 08 February 2017
Photo: RS Greenwood
Northern Rail sort out their local train service. Commuters were again forced to miss the train this morning as the 8.05am service was reduced to only two carriages, meaning the majority of passengers at Rochdale missed the train.
Whilst Northern Rail are increasing fares by up to 20% over a few short months, the service is getting worse. Reduced carriages are becoming the norm and there has been an increase in cancelled services. Commuters are quite rightly angry.
I will be raising this with transport bosses at the earliest opportunity. It's high time they got to grips with a failing service.
Rochdale Lib Dem Leader
The views expressed are those of the author of the letter and not those of Rochdale Online.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Trains delayed or cancelled between Manchester Victoria and Todmorden
- 2Laura Coe concerned with planning 'breach' by Persimmon Homes
- 3H Bell ringing the changes with new indoor market
- 4Council spends £8.1 million on Marks and Spencer and Mecca Bingo premises
- 5Pub landlord Eric Hoyle ordered to pay over £8,000 for illegal broadcast of Sky Sports