Letter: Appalled that a bunch of mindless idiots descended on our town
Date published: 11 August 2017
I was appalled that a bunch of mindless idiots descended on our town to preach hatred and retribution.
Why don't these people just leave us alone?
Our borough is fantastic and inclusive with a really strong community feeling, the last thing we need or appreciate is a pack of mindless idiots creating an atmosphere of hostility and intimidation.
We are a proud town, and proud of the fact all our different communities rub along well together.
We don't want outsiders trying to cause trouble and damage the excellent cultural relations we have here in Rochdale.
Please do us all a favour, and don't bother coming back; you are not welcome and will be treated with the derision you so richly deserve.
The views expressed are those of the author of the letter and not those of Rochdale Online.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Trains delayed or cancelled between Manchester Victoria and Todmorden
- 2Laura Coe concerned with planning 'breach' by Persimmon Homes
- 3H Bell ringing the changes with new indoor market
- 4Council spends £8.1 million on Marks and Spencer and Mecca Bingo premises
- 5Pub landlord Eric Hoyle ordered to pay over £8,000 for illegal broadcast of Sky Sports