Letter: Increase in Hollingworth Lake car parking charges
Date published: 11 August 2017
Photo: Google, DigitalGlobe
Hollingworth Road, Hollingworth Lake car park
I have just read your article regarding the council wanting to massively increase parking charges at Hollingworth Lake and wish to comment on the spin put on it by the council leader...
Councillor Richard Farnell, council leader, said: “Changes to long-stay parking charges, to help improve the flow of traffic, are being introduced across all car parks in the borough, including Hollingworth Lake.”
Councillor Farnell is insulting our intelligence if he seriously thinks anyone is fooled by his 'spin' - how on earth will increasing parking charges improve traffic flow? Far more likely it will hinder traffic flow as drivers look for alternative places to park nearby.
What is wrong with the council admitting the real reason it wants to raise charges is because it wants to raise more money?
Cut the spin Councillor Farnell and you may find people are less critical of you.
The views expressed are those of the author of the letter and not those of Rochdale Online.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Trains delayed or cancelled between Manchester Victoria and Todmorden
- 2Laura Coe concerned with planning 'breach' by Persimmon Homes
- 3H Bell ringing the changes with new indoor market
- 4Council spends £8.1 million on Marks and Spencer and Mecca Bingo premises
- 5Pub landlord Eric Hoyle ordered to pay over £8,000 for illegal broadcast of Sky Sports