Letter: Hollingworth Lake parking increase
Date published: 11 August 2017
Hollingworth Lake Visitor Centre
There are none so blind as those that will not see, Councillor Richard Farnell as leader of what I ask? His council? The people of Rochdale? I don’t think so, his own personal power dreams in Manchester maybe.
Green space and clean air are a critical ingredient for people’s health and well being and a very valuable commodity for busy, poor or deprived families or pensioners who can ill afford to travel any distance.
The public of course can see the glint in the council’s eye of gold in them their hills of Littleborough with sprawling housing estates swallowing up the green, green, grass for homes - a cul-de-sac in the Pennine hills.
What price health and community?
That is a major reason we have a council for, not to demolish Rochdale shopping and markets areas, dig £4 million-pound holes and destroy small businesses and entrepreneurs and drive customers away.
To help the flow of traffic my backside; is that why they closed the Hollingworth Road car park on a Bank holiday weekend, which caused major traffic jams?
The selfish power agenda will have to change in Rochdale Council’s here today and gone tomorrow planning.
The views expressed are those of the author of the letter and not those of Rochdale Online.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Trains delayed or cancelled between Manchester Victoria and Todmorden
- 2Laura Coe concerned with planning 'breach' by Persimmon Homes
- 3H Bell ringing the changes with new indoor market
- 4Council spends £8.1 million on Marks and Spencer and Mecca Bingo premises
- 5Pub landlord Eric Hoyle ordered to pay over £8,000 for illegal broadcast of Sky Sports