Letter: Ask our MP to expose these new powers hidden in the Repeal Bill
Date published: 11 September 2017
Ask your MP to expose these new powers hidden in the Repeal Bill
I just wrote to my MP because I am worried about a new law that could give Theresa May and her ministers almost unprecedented unaccountable power.
The Repeal Bill is meant to convert EU law into UK law ready for Brexit, but the powers proposed leave them free to change and scrap our rights and protections for the environment.
Instead of future changes to the law being debated and decided by MPs, ministers could change or scrap vast swathes of EU law with the flick of a pen.
MPs have to hand over these powers first.
I’ve taken action with Unlock Democracy, asking my MP to expose these new powers when the law goes back to Parliament.
You can join me and email their MP here at:
The views expressed are those of the author of the letter and not those of Rochdale Online.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Two women arrested after car collides with railings outside Hopwood Hall College
- 2New labour ward bereavement centre opens at The Royal Oldham Hospital
- 3Council tax to increase by a whopping 5.58%
- 4Local taxi driver’s car windows repeatedly smashed over the last month
- 5Police appeal after fatal collision at St Mary's Gate