Letter: Re did this van deserve a ticket?
Date published: 11 September 2017
The van was issued with a parking ticket when delivering a fridge to The Wellington.
In reply to Councilor Neil Emmot’s letter on this subject...
What a load of bull this is.
I walked passed that job about three weeks ago, it was a flurry of building activity.
Banging, sawing, measuring up, etc.
They are renovating a derelict building into a modern asset for the town.
The Wellington Hotel is as iconic to the history of Rochdale town centre as the post office, Bull Brew or even the Town Hall.
To get it up and running again, paying business rates to the council is a fine thing all Rochdalians should proud of.
I understand the van was dropping of a fridge to the project. If we cannot be flexible to allow it to park once to drop this off, when no other practical place to park and unload is available, then what kind of example is being shown to other potential investors?
Since the councillors voted themselves a 34% increase, perhaps they could have a whip round and pay the ticket?”
The views expressed are those of the author of the letter and not those of Rochdale Online.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Explosions heard for miles as M62 is closed due to vehicle fire
- 2The Empire, and 25 Ten Boutique, 'strike back' with fun filled photo shoot
- 3Chloe Campbell has been found safe
- 4Link4Life under fire for offering £5,000 fee for a consultant
- 5RBH guarantees town centre homes for residents at College Bank and Lower Falinge if flats are...