Letter: Van driver's parking ticket
Date published: 11 September 2017
The van was issued with a parking ticket when delivering a fridge to The Wellington.
I think that those who agreed the van driver should get a parking ticket should pay it off, and that goes for anyone else who is doing a job who needs to park near to the entrance, otherwise people would not come to Rochdale.
That would mean businesses would close down and probably move away, to what is already deprived part of the north west.
Get rid of the ticket issuing machines that these wardens have and get them helping the public keep watch over the patch they operate in and help with directions and other useful information.
These wardens would be thought better of, instead of the demonising money making cashpoints that do not give out money, but gladly take money in a miserly way.
The views expressed are those of the author of the letter and not those of Rochdale Online.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Severe blow for Rochdale Riverside development as M&S pulls out
- 2Body of a man discovered at Oxford Drive
- 3Paul Wayne Fettig charged with possessing indecent photographs of children and extreme images
- 4Paul Lawson: Coroner rules accidental death
- 5Collision between tram and car on Drake Street suspends Metrolink services