Letter: More hypocrisy
Date published: 14 September 2017
Co-operative Councils Innovation Network
Once again we see Councillor Farnell on the national stage showing breathtaking hypocrisy at the Co-op meeting.
This quote sticks in my throat:
"We're committed to finding better ways of working with local people."
Care to explain why you gave the market charter to an out of area company and not a local Co-op group?
Both against your statement and the Co-op ideal.
You so happlily to push for the money and expenses and self promotion over the poor town, whilst all the while you chant desperately it is the fault of Central Government for the desperate state our town is in.
Modern day King Canute really.
Councillor Farnell, you and the Council do not even come close to representing the Co-op ideas. The over whelming evidence of your actions proves it.
The views expressed are those of the author of the letter and not those of Rochdale Online.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Be aware of men in a transit van going door-to-door selling fish
- 2One of Rochdale’s oldest family businesses to move after almost 60 years
- 3Schoolboy faces daily 12-mile round trip on four buses to attend high school
- 4For years dismissed as 'laziness', but now cruel disease is finally getting attention it deserves
- 5Arrests following anti-social behaviour linked to stolen mopeds