Letter: More hypocrisy
Date published: 14 September 2017
Co-operative Councils Innovation Network
Once again we see Councillor Farnell on the national stage showing breathtaking hypocrisy at the Co-op meeting.
This quote sticks in my throat:
"We're committed to finding better ways of working with local people."
Care to explain why you gave the market charter to an out of area company and not a local Co-op group?
Both against your statement and the Co-op ideal.
You so happlily to push for the money and expenses and self promotion over the poor town, whilst all the while you chant desperately it is the fault of Central Government for the desperate state our town is in.
Modern day King Canute really.
Councillor Farnell, you and the Council do not even come close to representing the Co-op ideas. The over whelming evidence of your actions proves it.
The views expressed are those of the author of the letter and not those of Rochdale Online.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Two women arrested after car collides with railings outside Hopwood Hall College
- 2New labour ward bereavement centre opens at The Royal Oldham Hospital
- 3Police appeal after fatal collision at St Mary's Gate
- 4Disabled driver handed parking fine
- 5Straight-A student who would benefit any local employer