Letter: Please ask our MP and councillors to meet The Children's Society
Date published: 20 September 2017
Photo: The Children's Society
Teenagers don't get help until they reach crisis point
I have just asked our Member of Parliament and my ward councillors to meet The Children's Society at party conferences this year.
Could you do so as well?
Here is some context: Teenagers are coming under pressure in all areas of their lives. The many serious problems they face have a damaging impact on their well-being, but devastating cuts to local services mean young people facing serious problems do not get help until they reach crisis point - such as when they have run away from home or are dealing with drug or alcohol abuse.
Please could concerned readers of Rochdale Online also contact our MP and councillors requesting they visit The Children's Society stall at party conference to discuss how they can help these young people before their problems get worse.
This can be done in a few moments at:
The views expressed are those of the author of the letter and not those of Rochdale Online.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1"Defining moment" for Rochdale town centre as a further £150M to be invested
- 2Castleton to Rochdale town centre to be one of the first new cycling and walking schemes
- 3Degree success for Rochdale student who fled Afghanistan as a child
- 4Graduate with first-class degree returns to teach at former primary school
- 5Arrests at Rochdale caravan park