Letter: Councillor Richard Farnell's proposal to scrap the John Street bus lane risks cyclists' safety
Date published: 22 September 2017
John Street, Rochdale Online
Regarding Councillor Richard Farnell's proposal to scrap the John Street bus lane to ease congestion.
Clearly he has not considered how important that bus lane is for use by cyclists and their safety.
Why does this not surprise me?
The green cyclist safety refuge bay at the lights is routinely abused and encroached into by motorists.
In fact, on more than one occasion I have seen police cars illegally waiting in it at the lights.
What hope do Rochdale's cyclists have when the Council Leader is so oblivious and inconsiderate?
The views expressed are those of the author of the letter and not those of Rochdale Online.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Severe blow for Rochdale Riverside development as M&S pulls out
- 2Body of a man discovered at Oxford Drive
- 3Paul Wayne Fettig charged with possessing indecent photographs of children and extreme images
- 4Paul Lawson: Coroner rules accidental death
- 5Collision between tram and car on Drake Street suspends Metrolink services