Letter: Sell what people want
Date published: 27 September 2017
I've always been a fan of the Christmas markets in Manchester, especially the wooden cabins, they look so festive and, well, Christmassy.
That said, I was a bit taken aback when they popped up on the car park in Rochdale town centre as it was nowhere near 25 December.
I am of course talking about the stalls provided to temporarily accommodate the market traders while the area is developed.
Like I said I am a fan of the Christmas cabins, but not when they are used all year round.
I know the council moved heaven and earth to find those cabins for the traders to keep them on site and yet I hear nothing but complaints from those same people that not enough is being done to support them.
I am not sure what support they want and who from but as far as I can see they have been given all the help in the world, but just need to face up to the fact that the stuff they provide just is not what people want.
Roll on the new, fresh-looking market with exciting stuff people actually want to buy.
B H Thornley
The views expressed are those of the author of the letter and not those of Rochdale Online.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Councillor Allen Brett is the new leader of Rochdale Borough Council
- 2Local police warn of increase in thefts of keyless vehicles
- 3Fierce battle raging for leadership of Rochdale Council
- 4Council cabinet members not prepared to serve under new leader
- 5Councillor Allen Brett says he is "proud and humbled" to have been elected Leader of the Council