Letter: Please sign the pledge for World Mental Health Day 2017
Date published: 09 October 2017
World Mental Health Day 2017
World Mental Health Day is observed on 10 October every year, with the overall objective of raising awareness of mental health issues around the world and mobilizing efforts in support of mental health.
It was founded as an international day for global education, empowerment education and advocacy for mental health.
The day provides an opportunity ‘for all stakeholders and service users working on mental health issues to talk about their work, and what more needs to be done to make mental health care a reality for people worldwide'.
This year's theme set by the World Federation for Mental Health is mental health in the workplace.
I would like to take this opportunity to let readers of Rochdale Online know about the World Federation for Mental Health's Mentally Healthy Workplace Pledge for mental health in the workplace which reads:
I pledge our support for the mental health of all of our workforce. I will commit our team to doing our best at being proactive in promoting:
- Appreciation of employees and workers
- Creation of a supportive environment
- Identification of early signs of burnout
- An organizational culture which reflects value systems and beliefs
- Stress management
- Building awareness and reducing stigma
- Mental health wellness and providing support for employees who need it.
Their pledge can be signed, along with accessing other #WMHD2017 information and web banners at:
Mental health groups who have already signed the pledge can be found at:
The views expressed are those of the author of the letter and not those of Rochdale Online.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1"Defining moment" for Rochdale town centre as a further £150M to be invested
- 2Castleton to Rochdale town centre to be one of the first new cycling and walking schemes
- 3Arrests at Rochdale caravan park
- 4Degree success for Rochdale student who fled Afghanistan as a child
- 5Rochdale matron is named as Queen’s Nurse