Letter: Own goal?
Date published: 13 October 2017
The Leader of Rochdale Council Richard Farnell on the building site of the new market hall
I read once again The Leader of Rochdale Council's latest self-promotion.
His latest hot off the press instalment shows him on a live building site of the new smaller market hall, in an action pose poring over blueprints.
However, in his mad rush to photobomb and claim credit for all things, he forgot to put on his Personal Protection Equipment - in this case a legally approved hard hat and boots.
Not only does he put himself in danger, he is also breaching HSE rules and putting the company in charge of the building work at risk of fines and legal action by the HSE as the company has a legal duty to ensure everyone on site is protected against risks.
So, in his dash to claim credit and get his face everywhere he has scored an own goal, creating a negative situation.
Is it par for the course for Councillor Farnell to ignore rules and regulations of the land in his mad dash to get more publicity at the expense of anyone else?
Can he fix it?
No he can’t!
The views expressed are those of the author of the letter and not those of Rochdale Online.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Local schools affected by the collapse of Carillion
- 2Teenage boy taken to hospital after collision - Manchester Road closed
- 3Forthcoming roadworks on Smithy Bridge Road and Old Road will cause disruption and delays
- 4Councillors Sara Rowbotham and Daalat Ali appointed deputy leaders of Rochdale Borough Council
- 5Do not hold your nose and close your mouth when you sneeze, doctors warn