Letter: End the social care crisis
Date published: 30 October 2017
End the Social Care Crisis
The social care system in England is in crisis.
It’s failing to deliver the quality care that people of all ages affected by MS rely on to live independently.
Social care includes things like:
- Someone to help you in the home
- Residential care
- Support for carers
Right now, one in three people living with MS are not getting the support they need with essential everyday activities like washing, dressing and eating. That is unacceptable.
The government has promised to improve social care in England, and ask us how to do it. We need to hold them to account.
In 20 years, we have seen 10 government consultations and reviews on social care, but we still are not seeing the change we need.
Now is the time for action. Multiple Sclerosis Society is asking the government to keep to its promise to improve social care in England. No matter how old you are, if you need care, the social care system should work for you.
Readers of Rochdale Online can email their MP to ask them to take action on the Social Care Crisis locally and nationally.
This can be done in a few moments at:
The views expressed are those of the author of the letter and not those of Rochdale Online.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Severe blow for Rochdale Riverside development as M&S pulls out
- 2Body of a man discovered at Oxford Drive
- 3Paul Wayne Fettig charged with possessing indecent photographs of children and extreme images
- 4Paul Lawson: Coroner rules accidental death
- 5Collision between tram and car on Drake Street suspends Metrolink services