Letter: Please ask our MP to attend St Mungo's parliamentary event on rough sleeping
Date published: 07 November 2017
It is great to read on Rochdale Online this week that Rochdale MP Tony Lloyd and Shadow Housing Minister, has 'welcomed’ proposals to ban letting fees for tenants.
Mr Lloyd has long been an advocate on housing and homelessness so as a St Mungos campaigner I would like to invite him along on 29 November when St Mungo's is hosting its annual parliamentary event to discuss rough sleeping.
This is a great opportunity for the housing charity to talk to MPs about homelessness and to continue pushing for change.
Readers of Rochdale Online who are concerned about the issue of rough sleeping and homelessness can also invite Mr Lloyd to attend this event at:
The views expressed are those of the author of the letter and not those of Rochdale Online.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Rochdale set for direct link to Manchester airport
- 2Tony Lloyd demands meeting on future of Marks and Spencer in Rochdale
- 3Council cabinet members not prepared to serve under new leader
- 4Councillors received almost three quarters of a million in allowances
- 5Council windfall from Manchester Airport Group shares