Letter: Just go Councillor Farnell!
Date published: 09 November 2017
Councillor Richard Farnell, leader of Rochdale Borough Council
Again, I read the self-proclaimed leader, Councillor Farnell, replying with his Room 101 tactics of lashing out and diverting away and blaming others for his failings.
This time it’s the leaders reply to Littleborough/Lakeside which voted to suspend Councillor Farnell.
The leader claims that this vote is making a political football out of child abuse.
Councillor Farnell has a very short memory looking at his past comments.
Such as when he brought in Paul Rowen in a desperate attempt to divert from his actions.
No Councillor Farnell, it is not a political football, it is a vote about your severely criticised appearance at the Child Abuse Inquiry, where the evidence you gave was described as: "inconceivable' and suggested you were part of the cover up itself.
That statement is damning.
The leader then has the gall to say our thoughts must be with the victims.
Then why on earth did it take you eight times of being asked to actually apologise?
You insult the victims of the child abuse.
You are a disgrace Councillor Farnell.
The views expressed are those of the author of the letter and not those of Rochdale Online.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Local schools affected by the collapse of Carillion
- 2Teenage boy taken to hospital after collision - Manchester Road closed
- 3Forthcoming roadworks on Smithy Bridge Road and Old Road will cause disruption and delays
- 4Councillors Sara Rowbotham and Daalat Ali appointed deputy leaders of Rochdale Borough Council
- 5Do not hold your nose and close your mouth when you sneeze, doctors warn