Letter: Re Councillor Farnell on what price on human life?
Date published: 23 November 2017
College Bank Flats
What a pathetic letter from Councillor Farnell (What Price on Human Life? – 20/11/2017).
A cynical political dig if ever there was one – and using human tragedy at that.
It is a pity Councillor Farnell did not have such concerns as he boasted about the demolition and rebuilding of the privately-owned Strand shopping parade, which is in his own ward.
The £7 million cost for this vanity project included a contribution of £5.4 million from Rochdale Council.
How many sprinklers could that money have paid for?
The views expressed are those of the author of the letter and not those of Rochdale Online.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Tony Lloyd demands meeting on future of Marks and Spencer in Rochdale
- 2Rochdale set for direct link to Manchester airport
- 3Councillors received almost three quarters of a million in allowances
- 4Council windfall from Manchester Airport Group shares
- 5Aggresive beggars should be fined, says Councillor John Blundell