Letter: Re Councillor Farnell on what price on human life?
Date published: 23 November 2017
College Bank Flats
What a pathetic letter from Councillor Farnell (What Price on Human Life? – 20/11/2017).
A cynical political dig if ever there was one – and using human tragedy at that.
It is a pity Councillor Farnell did not have such concerns as he boasted about the demolition and rebuilding of the privately-owned Strand shopping parade, which is in his own ward.
The £7 million cost for this vanity project included a contribution of £5.4 million from Rochdale Council.
How many sprinklers could that money have paid for?
The views expressed are those of the author of the letter and not those of Rochdale Online.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Arrests at Rochdale caravan park
- 2"Defining moment" for Rochdale town centre as a further £150M to be invested
- 3Rochdale market to open in August
- 4Castleton to Rochdale town centre to be one of the first new cycling and walking schemes
- 5Degree success for Rochdale student who fled Afghanistan as a child