Letter: ‘The current position is simply not sustainable’
Date published: 27 November 2017
Once again its that time of year when local councillors are commentating on national events and bring out the begging bowls and bleat about how broke our town is.
With reference to Councillor Iftikhar Ahmed and his spin filled response bleating about how cuts are affecting our services, perhaps he can tell us why he awarded a massive pay rise to himself and others?
Not to mention the outrageous amounts of money paid to consultants and other agencies as shown by FOI requests when the Council is banging the begging bowls.
Rochdale Council needs to stop with the spin and story telling about how cash-strapped Rochdale is, you are simply not fooling us anymore.
Instead of wasting time on national matters, perhaps all the rulling party and councillors should focus on our town. Events like the upcoming report of the child abuse inquiry findings and the recent collapse of the third shopping centre key retailer opening.
Perhaps our councillors needs to be reminded that they serve Rochdale, not the UK and should concentrate on all the issues in our Borough.
We are sick of the spin, smoke and mirrors and self promotion infesting Number One Riverside.
To quote Councillor Ahmed:
‘The current position is simply not sustainable’.
The views expressed are those of the author of the letter and not those of Rochdale Online.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1One of Rochdale’s oldest family businesses to move after almost 60 years
- 2Schoolboy faces daily 12-mile round trip on four buses to attend high school
- 3For years dismissed as 'laziness', but now cruel disease is finally getting attention it deserves
- 4Be aware of men in a transit van going door-to-door selling fish
- 5Arrests following anti-social behaviour linked to stolen mopeds