Letter: Thousands could be left penniless this Christmas because of an admin error
Date published: 27 November 2017
Universal Credit: Thousands could be left penniless this Christmas, all because of an admin error
This is terrible: thousands of people could be left penniless this Christmas, all because of an admin error with the benefit system called Universal Credit.
Thousands will get a reduced payment this December.
That could mean could mean families up and down the country going without the money they need to pay their rent or buy food - let alone celebrate Christmas.
The government is already under intense pressure to fix this fast.
It is splashed all over the news.
What is missing is a huge public outcry to make sure families get what they need before Christmas comes around.
That’s where 38 Degrees come in: if thousands of us sign an emergency petition today, it could be enough to make sure the government fixes this error fast.
Our people power could make sure that families on low incomes get the money they need to get by this Christmas.
Will you add your name to 100,000 plus who have already signed the emergency petition now?
It only takes 30 seconds and can be done in a moment at:
The views expressed are those of the author of the letter and not those of Rochdale Online.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1One of Rochdale’s oldest family businesses to move after almost 60 years
- 2Schoolboy faces daily 12-mile round trip on four buses to attend high school
- 3For years dismissed as 'laziness', but now cruel disease is finally getting attention it deserves
- 4Be aware of men in a transit van going door-to-door selling fish
- 5Arrests following anti-social behaviour linked to stolen mopeds