Letter: Labour Party politics
Date published: 14 December 2017
Given the incompetence and decay that is rife within Rochdale Labour politics someone needs to act.
The person who should act is the MP, Tony Lloyd.
He needs to insist that the Labour Party nationally suspend all Labour councillors from party membership.
Furthermore the local party needs suspending pending an investigation.
This has happened before when the local party was suspended at the behest of Lorna Fitzsimmons (she blamed party members for the loss of her seat).
Most of us were disgusted with the actions of our former MP (the disgraced Danczuk) and it appears that the leadership of Rochdale Labour Party is intent on continuing his rotten legacy.
Come on Mr Lloyd do your job.
The views expressed are those of the author of the letter and not those of Rochdale Online.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Council leader accused of breaking the ‘Code of Conduct for Councillors’
- 2Rochdale responds to council leader’s threat
- 3Letter: Formal complaint against Councillor Brett
- 4Man who abused young girls throughout the 90s has been jailed
- 5Council Leader’s comments ‘are serious threat to democracy’, says Councillor Dearnley