Letter: Emergency government funding for the NHS Winter Crisis
Date published: 04 January 2018
Hospitals are at breaking point.
Thousands of operations are being cancelled, people are being treated in corridors and in some places, it’s so bad that hospitals have issued a ‘black alert’.
It means they are under so much pressure that patient safety could to be affected.
It has been reported in the media that 'every hospital in Greater Manchester is very close to running out of space' and that 'every hospital in the north west has been running at 90% capacity for the past two weeks'.
This is the major winter crisis that has been long predicted and feared.
Unless the NHS gets emergency cash, this could just get worse.
Health Secretary Jeremy Hunt will look to blame hard-working NHS staff, but this crisis is caused by government policy.
Responsibility sits squarely with him.
A huge petition, demanding emergency cash for our NHS, will prove to politicians and journalists that the public demand hospitals are given the money they need.
Will you please add your name to the latest 38 Degrees petition?
The views expressed are those of the author of the letter and not those of Rochdale Online.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1"Defining moment" for Rochdale town centre as a further £150M to be invested
- 2Arrests at Rochdale caravan park
- 3Rochdale market to open in August
- 4Castleton to Rochdale town centre to be one of the first new cycling and walking schemes
- 5Degree success for Rochdale student who fled Afghanistan as a child