Letter: The impudence of Tottenham Hotspur
Date published: 12 February 2018
The pitch at the Crown Oil Arena on Saturday 10 february
It is bordering on impudence for Tottenham Hotspur (and their manager/coach Mauricio Pochettino) to criticise the state of the playing surface at the Crown Oil Arena.
He should look at a recording of the 1970 FA Cup semi-final between Chelsea and Watford played at Spurs' home ground at White Hart Lane (a match which I attended).
On the side of the stadium where I stood there was only a two yard strip of grass. The rest of the pitch could have been Southend or Clacton beach.
The views expressed are those of the author of the letter and not those of Rochdale Online.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Tram services along the Rochdale via Oldham line suspended after windows smashed
- 2Town Centre Public Space Protection Order to be implemented at end of June
- 3Manchester Airport confirms charges for dropping-off
- 4Motorcyclist suffers possible life-changing injuries following collision
- 5Wardleworth youngsters make a record-breaking difference