Letter: Kind, helpful, caring teenagers
Date published: 12 February 2018
I thought I would write to you as I thought it would be really nice to put a positive look on our younger generation.
Last night, Sunday 11 February, we were fighting the snow and sliding all over the place with our disabled daughter and our three-year-old.
We were extremely worried we would have to walk the 45 minutes’ walk carrying our girls as we were stuck in the snow on Greave.
There were several young lads who pushed us, and about 40 other cars, up the hill while showing massive concern about people with babies in the car getting stuck.
The teenage younger generation don't often get shown in a good light and I really believe giving them credit for restoring my faith in human beings and getting my children home safe.
It would do a lot of good and maybe get more young people to behave and do good things as they see the appreciation that is deserved.
They were out until all hours pushing cars uphill in the freezing cold snow.
I think they deserve their kind help to be noticed.
The views expressed are those of the author of the letter and not those of Rochdale Online.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Young woman from Norden cause of death attributed to Myalgic Encephalomyelitis
- 2Letter: Hollingworth Lake Rochdale's ‘jewel in the crown’?
- 3Man charged with murder of a woman
- 4Mayor Making Ceremony 2018 - Mohammed Zaman is the new Mayor of Rochdale
- 5Fundraising restarted for Samantha Smith’s third surgery abroad