Letter: Dale versus Spurs from the USA
Date published: 20 February 2018
FA Cup Fifth Round: Rochdale v Tottenham Hotspur
I am a Spurs supporter living in Colorado, USA although very familiar with the Rochdale area.
I agree with local sentiments about Spurs complaining pre-match about the state of the pitch.
'Big' teams playing on allegedly 'less good' pitches is what the FA Cup is about.
Hopefully the new pitch will assist Rochdale to climb up the table - every cloud has a silver lining.
However, the players stunning performance against Spurs does beg the question: "Can the Rochdale players actually be bothered to play for Rochdale FC in the league?"
Of course, players raise their game in such matches but for 'Dale to be sitting bottom of the table after such a brilliant display against Spurs really does suggest that Rochdale supporters are not getting value for money from their players week in week out.
Nevertheless, lots of luck to you in the replay at Wembley and hopefully the players will now try to get the club out of the relegation zone. I will watch with interest.
The views expressed are those of the author of the letter and not those of Rochdale Online.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Be aware of men in a transit van going door-to-door selling fish
- 2Schoolboy faces daily 12-mile round trip on four buses to attend high school
- 3One of Rochdale’s oldest family businesses to move after almost 60 years
- 4Plan to link Middleton to tram network
- 5For years dismissed as 'laziness', but now cruel disease is finally getting attention it deserves