Letter: Impressed with Rochdale Council
Date published: 05 March 2018
I have to say I'm impressed with Rochdale Council.
My mum is in her 70s and living on her own. She told me that on Thursday 1 March she got a phone call which showed up as a withheld number, so she ignored it thinking that it was telesales. The phone rang straight away again with the number withheld so she thought she better answer it in case it was important.
She said it was a lady from Rochdale Council checking if she was okay, if she had enough food in and if she had heating in the house. She advised her not to go out in the terrible weather, and also asked if she had family members that she could contact if she needed anything, and if not, they would help her to save her going outside.
Thankfully, she has family to help her, but how lovely is that for those people who don't have anyone they can contact.
Sandra Shaw Selby
The views expressed are those of the author of the letter and not those of Rochdale Online.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Tram services along the Rochdale via Oldham line suspended after windows smashed
- 2Town Centre Public Space Protection Order to be implemented at end of June
- 3Manchester Airport confirms charges for dropping-off
- 4Motorcyclist suffers possible life-changing injuries following collision
- 5Wardleworth youngsters make a record-breaking difference