Letter: Bowlee playing fields and school
Date published: 16 April 2018
Bowlee playing fields and school
It has become clear that since the RMBC Cabinet meeting on the 13 March that rumours have continued to circulate with regards to the actual preferred location of the proposed school.
For clarity see below the actual minutes of the cabinet meeting:
SITE FOR FREE SCHOOL - MIDDLETON
[The] Cabinet considered a report of the Portfolio Holder for Housing and Environment which sought approval to rescind decisions previously made by Cabinet at its meeting on 19th December 2017. Members [councillors] were advised that further consultation had been undertaken with local residents following publication of the report.
Alternatives considered: To retain the original Cabinet decisions to develop the proposed Bowlee Masterplan for community use and additional residential development.
(1) That the decision of Cabinet taken on the 19 December 2017 (Minute 88 (2) and (3) refers) is rescinded.
(2) That the development of a proposed Masterplan for Bowlee to not now go ahead be approved.
(3) That the alternative site identified through the public consultation process on land bordering Whittle Brook down to Martindale Crescent be identified as the preferred site for a Free School.
Following this cabinet meeting we have been sent a new plan that clearly indicates the preferred location for the school, attached for your use.
The intent of this letter is to assist in reminding everyone of the Rochdale Cabinet preferred location for the proposed new school.
Eric Larmett, TD, MRICS, MCABE, MInstRE
The views expressed are those of the author of the letter and not those of Rochdale Online.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Former director of Climb Rochdale charged with seven child sex offences
- 2Power cut in Rochdale
- 3 £1,300 raised towards funeral of 21-year-old who died in collision
- 4Leaked letter from former Rochdale MP to IICSA states “I found attempts to cover-up abuse very...
- 5Pembroke Court called ‘death trap flats’ by former resident