Letter: 64 days and counting...
Date published: 17 May 2018
MIPIM in Cannes - a four-day property exhibition
It is now 64 days since Councillors Brett and Blundell were treated to a long weekend away in the South of France.
64 days since they reaped the benefits of a £6,250 gift each from a private developer who have been handed a multi million pound contract by the council.
64 days for either councillor to declare this gift on the members register of interest published to the RMBC website.
Neither has declared the interest.
It is a basic courtesy to declare any personal or financial interest on the register.
What if someone were to give me £1,000 just before a planning decision I was making, or paid for me to have free hospitality at a sporting event?
I'm sure that the electorate would want to know what I was getting treated to?
Maybe they think they don't need to?
I'm afraid this is yet another flagrant example of the staggering levels of arrogance of this Labour administration.
I have no doubt there will be more to come.
Councillor Andy Kelly
The views expressed are those of the author of the letter and not those of Rochdale Online.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Young woman from Norden cause of death attributed to Myalgic Encephalomyelitis
- 2Man charged with murder of a woman
- 3Letter: Hollingworth Lake Rochdale's ‘jewel in the crown’?
- 4Mayor Making Ceremony 2018 - Mohammed Zaman is the new Mayor of Rochdale
- 5Fundraising restarted for Samantha Smith’s third surgery abroad