Letter: Stop TransPennine Express from running inaccessible trains
Date published: 08 June 2018
TransPennine Express logo
TransPennine Express (TPE- part of First Group) is going to run services that are totally inaccessible to wheelchair-users.
This is an abuse of the Equality Act 2010 and an abrogation of the Rights of Disabled People.
Greater Manchester Coalition of Disabled People are calling people to sign the Disability News Service petition demanding that TransPennine Express and First Group abandon this discriminatory and likely unlawful plan, and make the necessary arrangements to ensure that every train service it runs is accessible to disabled people.
Concerned readers of Rochdale Online can add their voices to the Parliamentary petition at:
The views expressed are those of the author of the letter and not those of Rochdale Online.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1For years dismissed as 'laziness', but now cruel disease is finally getting attention it deserves
- 2One of Rochdale’s oldest family businesses to move after almost 60 years
- 3Arrests following anti-social behaviour linked to stolen mopeds
- 4Man made threats to obtain a firearm and kill
- 5Schoolboy faces daily 12-mile round trip on four buses to attend high school