Gladys Radburn celebrates her 100th birthday
Date published: 01 November 2017
Gladys Radburn celebrates her 100th Birthday
Gladys Radburn celebrated her 100th birthday on Monday and Ashcroft Retirement Home hosted a special event for her.
Rsidents and staff of the home joined Gladys’ family at her Soup and Cake’ party.
On the menu were Gladys’ favourite soups and a sponge cake made by Suzie Ross, the team manager.
Suzie said: "We had a leek and potato soup and a tomato soup but it was clear that tomato was Gladys’ favourite as she even went back for seconds.’’
Gladys moved to Rochdale from Birmingham a few years ago to be closer to her family and now regularly takes part in the 'knit and knatter' activity sessions at the retirement home
The hats knitted by Gladys are donated to charities and her church.
Gladys, who received the traditional message from the Queen on her 100th birthday, says the secret to her living a long life is her "sense of humour" and always "being kind and caring to others".
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Local schools affected by the collapse of Carillion
- 2Teenage boy taken to hospital after collision - Manchester Road closed
- 3Forthcoming roadworks on Smithy Bridge Road and Old Road will cause disruption and delays
- 4Councillors Sara Rowbotham and Daalat Ali appointed deputy leaders of Rochdale Borough Council
- 5Do not hold your nose and close your mouth when you sneeze, doctors warn